Please wait while we select your car
County Battery Services is a family-run business, established in 1974, with over 39 years experience and expertise in servicing customer requirements within the battery industry.
Ideally located in the centre of the country with branches in the midlands, which provides easy access to the whole of the UK. County Batteries stock batteries for all applications including modern and classic cars, commercial vehicles, plant, motorcycles, industrial, mobility, emergency, alarm, cordless phones, digital cameras, and battery-operated toys - if it has a battery we can supply it!
County Battery Services also stocks a range of chargers, test equipment for all types of batteries, automotive bulbs and other battery accessories.
Finally, if you're unsure what you need please contact our experienced telesales team who will be pleased to help you find the right product.
Our history so far...
- 1974 County Battery Services was formed by the current Managing Director’s father Terry Fuller. Working from his mother-in-law's double garage he supplied local garages and haulage companies with starter batteries.
- 1976 The company started battery recycling.
- 1980 A small shop was purchased in Nuthall Nottingham. Richard Fuller left school to join the family firm and to run that outlet.
- 1987 Terry Fuller passed away in 1987 leaving the business to Richard. The company then diversified into every sector of battery sales.
- 1988 Launched own brand automotive battery “Fuller”. 1996 The Company incorporated and the wholesale part of the business was moved to much larger premises in Kirkby in Ashfield Nottinghamshire whilst retaining the Nuthall shop as a depot. The company continued its diversification and included a battery pack building facility for bespoke rechargeable batteries.
- 1990 Secured sole distributor status for "Fisch" Batteries
- 1997 Adopted superhero corporate image “Superdick” that originated from a nickname given to the current MD by some customers
- 1998 The company launched its website and was one of the first battery websites to have an online ordering facility.
- 2003 The business again relocated to a 5000 sq ft warehouse on the same estate with even more room for expansion.
- 2003 Achieved investors in people award.
- 2008 Recycled over 400 tonnes of batteries in one month. Became the first battery supplier in the UK to have all its products SDP approved.
- 2009 Appearance at first international trade show at NEC “Motorcycle Expo 2009”.
- 2010 Opened Fuller Recycling as a seperate division.
- 2012 Launched New website and online trading portal
- 2013 Extension of retail outlet at Kirkby in Ashfield Head Office